Skip to main content

Spring 2022 Kick off & Snow

The spring semester is about to begin.. I was busy preparing course materials and celebration treats for Day 1. 

But...Winter Storm Izzy swept away the East coast area so the school had to cancel the on-campus class on Day 1. Hmm...now, Day 1 goes with Day 2.

My cute treats have to stay one more day at home. Hope we can meet students soon...

                                                        

                                       

While Sum is cleaning the car, I have made snow creatures - snowman & woman, snowduck, snowcat, and snowkids..

                                       







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Educator, Researcher, and Artist

  My name guides me to be a creative educator, researcher, and traveler. Ye means 'art' and Jun means 'high.' So I introduce the meaning of my name as 'an artist going on a high note.' It does not necessarily mean that I perform well but it is more about I enjoy what I am doing.  Alberta Fall, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO Water molecule drawing I have been a science teacher for about 12 years in South Korea (including one year in the United States). Creativity is my energy to design the generative science curriculum that I often got an idea from children's books, fine arts, and movies for classroom activities. Oh, of course, from travel as well.  With students in Seoul Culture High School Currently, I am supporting pre-service teachers as a faculty member. It is always my pleasure to see how pre-service teachers grow their competencies through practice-based learning. My courses are growing not only their knowledge and skills but also their attitudes tow...

Pajeon '파전' - Korean home cooking

                                                           As the school year begins, it is fun to pack lunches every day. The first rule when packing a lunch box is that you should never eat too much - because you sit for at least 6 hours and there are quite a variety of snacks to eat in between. One of the joys of going to school is to collect snacks like a squirrel every day in the office.  It's easy to forget.. Students and other professors often come to the office as well.  So, don't forget to hang a "Busy" sign outside when eating snacks.😉😉 When I opened the refrigerator, I found a bunch of chives that were automatically picked up every time I went shopping. So tomorrow's lunch menu is decided to be Pajeon! Ingredients 1. dough 1 cup flour 1 teaspoon salt 2/3 cup milk 1 egg 2. Inside 1 scallion 1 cup frozen shrimp 1 green...

Publishing articles from Your Dissertation

For early-career researchers/faculty, a dissertation is the most promising source to increase the number of publications. But, when it comes to publishing peer-reviewed journal articles, whoever already experienced writing journal articles will definitely agree that publishing articles requires almost the same amount of effort as writing the dissertation.  Sine 2018, I have worked on publishing articles from my dissertation, and finally, by 2021, I got two papers published...See?! It takes almost four years! One of the advantages that I got was I already made my dissertation in a two-paper format. There are two types of dissertations..(or possibly several types); one is a traditional five-chapter format (Introduction-Literature Review-Method-Results-Discussion) and the other is a combined journal article format (Introduction-Paper 1-Paper 2-Paper 3...-Conclusion).   I chose a combined journal article format because my research interests were a general classroom climate wh...